Well, one all candidates is done. Speaking last was the distinct advantage of getting to listen to everybody else, but you do get to stew in your own nervousness for over 20 minutes while everybody else talks. Jason Ross of ModernDemocracy.ca was there again with his video cameras, which was excellent, so those you following at home can see. I tried collect all the questions I could while they came up, and I think I managed to get most of them:
- Child care – How are you going to provide more spots?
- Secondary suites
- Traffic on the avenue – How are you going to deal with heavy traffic on the avenue and surrounding residential streets
- Young families – How do you attract more to Oak Bay
- Affordable housing – How to you provide more
- Town hall meetings – Why haven’t we had more?
- Oak bay lodge
- Smart meters, and health
- Deer issue – What is Oak Bay and the CRD doing about it?
- Community engagement young families – How do you engage young families in the community
- CRD accountability
- Sewage infrastructure
- P3’s water/sewage – Do you support keeping water and sewage infrastructure and operation public
- Composting -When is it coming to the rest of Oak Bay?
Thanks to everybody that came out. If you missed it, we have another opportunity next Tuesday, November 7th, 7-9pm, at Emmanuel Baptist Church. Thanks to the North Henderson Residents Association and the Community Association of Oak Bay for hosting these.
One thought on “One All Candidates done, one to come”
Some really important issues there Hope at least some of them can be addressed.